One of the Largest Processors in the U.S.
It starts when our farmers grow and pick the best fruit. Then the latest techniques in processing, storage, and packaging help deliver quality products to store shelves, dining halls, and kitchen tables across the country.
About Knouse Foods
- Founded in 1949
- Headquartered in Peach Glen PA, near Gettysburg
- 5 manufacturing plants in the Appalachian growing region & Michigan
- Over 1000 dedicated employees
- Apple Sauce
- Sliced, Diced & Whole Apples
- Apple Butter
- Apple Juice & Cider
- Fruit Fillings
- Fruit Pizza Toppings
- Single-Serve Fruit Desserts
Sales and Distribution
- Retail grocery stores nationwide
- Mass merchandise, Club stores, and Dollar stores
- Food Service restaurants, hotels, and schools
- Convenience Store, Vending & Micro Markets
- Military Commissaries
- Ingredients/ Industrial Bulk Aseptic
- Co-packing a variety of products and containers
- International sales in over 36 countries
- As a Grower-Owned Cooperative, we are “The Apple Experts”. Apple products, using 100% American Grown Apples, can be traced back to the facility – the bin – the orchard.
- Manufacturing from fresh apples 12 MONTHS of the year (instead of seasonal packing) due to Controlled Atmosphere storage for over 1.5 MM bushels of apples.
- Implementing cutting-edge manufacturing equipment, and offering flexibility in packaging capabilities; from 2, 4 & 6 oz cups, 24 & 48 oz PET, and 21 oz cans all the way to 38 lb pails, 55-gallon drums, and 220-gallon totes.
- Co-pack for other manufacturers include juices, teas, drinks/beverages, nutraceuticals, and sauces
- Recognized by national customers for excellence in industry service and proud of a 98.8% fulfillment and shipping rate
- Dedicated and recognized for the highest commitment to Quality, all plants are SQF Certified and several Organic Manufacturing Certifications
- In-house R&D team develops unique product formulas for an extensive co-packing client list and decade-long Corporate Brand partners. (multi-fruit, low water activity, organic, clean label, etc)
- Committed to Environmental Sustainability with Award-winning Environmental Compliance Programs (Solar panels, water conservation, emissions reductions, recyclable plastics/ corrugated boxes/ glass)
- On-site Analytical Services with pesticide analysis, microbiology, and a DEP accredited environmental lab.